RFC: A critique of the open letter to "remove RMS", based on the GNU Kin

From: Elias Rudberg
Subject: RFC: A critique of the open letter to "remove RMS", based on the GNU Kind Communications Guidelines
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 00:28:30 +0200

Hello everyone,

This is a request for comments (RFC) regarding a text I have written
where I try to explain valid criticism against the "remove RMS" open
letter, while being careful to follow the advice given in the GNU Kind
Communications Guidelines and also using some direct quotes from there.

This is a draft version and I am asking for feedback on how to make it
better. All feedback is of interest, anything from finding a typo to
questioning the whole approach. Of particular importance is to make
sure that the text indeed does follow the GNU Kind Communications
Guidelines, so if you see something that is not in line with the
guidelines, please let me know.

Here it is: https://nc3.eliasrudberg.se/rms-draft/

Unless you convince me it is a bad idea, my plan is to improve it based
on your comments and then publish a "final" version in a few days
(probably using a similar URL but without "draft"), and try to post
that in some different forums and so on. Hopefully this could help
people understand why signing the open letter was not such a good idea,
despite their good intentions.

I think this discussion is very important, if you have time to read and
give some feedback that would be much appreciated!

Best regards,
Elias