Re: media.libreplanet.org non-requested confusing auto download issue

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: media.libreplanet.org non-requested confusing auto download issue
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 01:32:24 +0300

* Miroslav Rovis <miro.rovis@croatiafidelis.hr> [2021-05-06 00:27]:
> > As I work with Website Revision System in background, I have today
> That's:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_management
> and at:
> https://www.gnu.org/proprietary/malware-webpages.html#M201805080
> but I'm still not so sure what you mean in your case.

You got it. Website Revision System is described here:
https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#Content

`content' is too general term.

,----
| The term “content management” takes the prize for vacuity. “Content”
| means “some sort of information,” and “management” in this context
| means “doing something with it.” So a “content management system” is a
| system for doing something to some sort of information. Nearly all
| programs fit that description.
|
| In most cases, that term really refers to a system for updating pages
| on a web site. For that, we recommend the term “web site revision
| system” (WRS).
`----

I guess only the first definition from Wordnet could somehow apply:

1. (12) content -- (everything that is included in a collection and
that is held or included in something;

Also good article:
https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2016/aug/02/how-to-deal-with-trump-trolls-online

"We live in "We live in an age of ever-increasing bullshit".

When I invoke a text editor, and write letter "A" I am already
managing content, but it has really no relation to a website by its
meaning. If I would use Cherrytree - hierarchical note taking
application with rich text and syntax highlighting, I would be
managing maybe a tree of information, it would be content, but is not
directly related to WWW publishing. Saving picture on computer is
activity of managing content, unrelated to WWW publishing.

- WWW Publishing System is better described;
- Website Publishing System is better described;
- Website Revision System is better described;

It is good to think of words and its meaning and its origin, as then
we can see who introdued some meanings, and why did they introduce it,
the word `content' is good example of corporate propaganda.

Convenient Emacs Lisp functions for Asciidoctor
https://hyperscope.link/3/7/1/5/8/Convenient-Emacs-Lisp-functions-for-Asciidoctor-37158.html

> Can you give a link to some of your published pages, if
> you find time?

I am developing this system:

RCD Notes for Emacs
https://hyperscope.link/3/7/1/5/5/RCD-Notes-for-Emacs-37155.html

RCD Notes - Database Tables
https://hyperscope.link/3/7/1/5/6/RCD-Notes-Database-Tables-37155.html

The system is type of dynamic knowledge repository as defined by Doug
Engelbart:

Draft OHS-Project Plan
https://web.archive.org/web/20070704185333/http://www.bootstrap.org/augdocs/bi-2120.html

About Dynamic Knowledge Repositories (DKR)
https://www.dougengelbart.org/content/view/190/163/

I like to be able to put any kind of type into database, and have a
mixture of it, but available kind of together. Indexing things into a
database yields with good educational and research efficiency, it
helps to teach other people. Just as explained on Doug Engelbart's
website, the forefather of Internet, inventor of mouse, outline modes,
visionary.

> > Recommended reading:
> >
> > How to Run a More Secure Browser
> > https://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/handbook/RunSecureBrowser/
> >
> > When I wish to invoke URL by using the above mentioned DragonFlyBSD
> [...]
> Currently use Vim. But a very good link there you gave. Will
> take time to figure out how to deploy that wisdom for me.

You use Vim for browsing? I guess that works. I use often Emacs' eww
for browsing as well. But also Lynx and Elinks. Wisdom is employed by
using that `sudo su' command, or by switching manually to different
user space and invoking browser. Then a script can replace browser and
always invoke browser from different user's space.

Here is one function in Vim that I use to construct these letters:

function Croatian()
imap cc č
imap CC Č
imap Cc Č
imap Ch Ć
imap CH Ć
imap ch ć
imap ss š
imap SS Š
imap Ss Š
imap dd đ
imap DD Đ
imap Dd Đ
imap zz ž
imap ZZ Ž
imap Zz Ž
endfunction

:call Croatian())

then if I don't have Croatian keyboard, I just write zz to get
ž. There is similar mode in Emacs `croatian-cc'

I am not sure quite, but this would be the script like `safe-browser':

#!/bin/bash
xhost +
sudo su -c -- ANOTHER-USER -c iceweasel '$@'

I have just tried that script, it works, it will open browser in
different user space. Problem is with `xhost', it should not be used
in unsafe network, but behind firewall is safe:

$ safe-browser http://www.duckduckgo.com

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns