Re: Libreboot 20210522 released

From: Miroslav Rovis
Subject: Re: Libreboot 20210522 released
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 12:02:45 +0200

On 210523-05:49+0100, Leah Rowe wrote:

> On 23/05/2021 05:43, Miroslav Rovis wrote:
> >
> > > Downloaded. But:
>

> check the download page again. it's a new key, and i don't think i actually
> uploaded it to any key servers.
Would probably be still not really useful... It's the general hassle these
days, because of the attitude of the devs of GnuPG... A known issue... Sad that
it is so for months and months if not a year or more already now.

> the new lbkey.asc is now linked, on the libreboot download page
I'm glad it is so now!

However, I read you docs, and I wonder if my MBO might be supported some day:

Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC

The new AMD B550 chipset, since some time last year.

I amd doing video editing and I wonder if libre software will ever be
financially feasible to me without sacrificing editing speed, especially with
the likely codecs of tomorrow: AV1, which is merciless in terms of time and
resources consumption on anything but very powerful machines. And so, being in
addition on a really tight budget, I couldn't go for fully libre software.

Sincere regards!

-----
BTW, I didn't send my two email to Leah only, but to the list. How come then
Leah's reply:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libreplanet-discuss/2021-05/msg00077.html
is there, but neither of my emails is?

--