Re: recording a CD with Emacs or command line

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: recording a CD with Emacs or command line
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 09:51:57 +0300

* quiliro@riseup.net <quiliro@riseup.net> [2021-06-27 06:06]:
> Hello.
>
> Which i the easiest way to record files on a CD with Emacs or the
> command line?  I would like to use the smallest footprint possible.

I think that packages like below may be used:
Packages (2) cdrkit-1.1.11-3.parabola2  dvd+rw-tools-7.1-9

Maybe:

NAME
       genisoimage  -  create ISO9660/Joliet/HFS filesystem with optional Rock
       Ridge attributes

SYNOPSIS
       genisoimage [options] [-o filename] pathspec [pathspec ...]

Of course it would be possible to make a function in Emacs, but why,
just place files in one directory and use that command. Then burn the
image to CD/DVD with growisofs command. But I am not sure in all this,
it is in the package specification and I have not burn it longer time.

You are welcome to join the GNU Help Emacs mailing list where Emacs
questions are enthusiastically answered, often by several of main and
great Emacs developers.

Subscribe to GNU Help Emacs:

Archive of GNU Help Emacs:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/

Subscribe to Emacs Devel mailing list:

Archive of Emacs Developers mailing list:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/

It is interesting that you do not need to be subscribed to ask a
question, just write to a mailing list. Additionally if you have
suggestions or any questions you can still direct to developers, they
are friendly. Developers mailing list welcomes suggestions from
anybody.

Subscribe to Emacs Org mode mailing list:

Subscribe to Emacs Tangents mailing list:

Archive of Emacs Tangents mailing list:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-tangents/

Subscribe to Emacs sources mailing list: