Re: LibreJam - FSF* should host a Libre Game development tournament!

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: LibreJam - FSF* should host a Libre Game development tournament!
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2022 01:59:46 -0500

Packaging a program in distros is crucial for the community because it
leads to various teams that independently work on the program, and
thus have a chance to make sure it is honest.  This is why free
software tends not to be malware.

You may be right that it doesn't particularly help on other dimensions,
but this one is a must.

Also, we in our community use distros of GNU/Linux, so if we sponsor or promote
a program (game or not) we will want it to be packaged for our distros.