Mari0 Revamp

From: Dennis Payne
Subject: Mari0 Revamp
Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2022 16:34:59 -0500

I generally try to avoid games that violate copyright. Fan games can be
fun but they exist only as longer as the copyright holder allows. I
decided to look at Mari0. It is Super Mario Brothers with up to four
players simultaneous and a Portal gun. The default levels are
recreations of the original SMB. There are a set of Portal levels which
have you accomplish puzzles.

I love the concept and think it would be great to have levels with
platforming and puzzle elements. I've decided to try to remove the
copyrighted material so it can become fully free software. I've removed
a few monsters and tiles with content from opengameart (with some
modifications). If anyone wants to contribute some replacement art send
it or create a pull request. (Levels, sound and music will also be
needed.)

https://github.com/dulsi/mari0

--
Dennis Payne