Re: Should we talk about "open source" hardware?

From: Valentino Giudice
Subject: Re: Should we talk about "open source" hardware?
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 06:41:54 +0100

Thank you, Andrew. I had forgotten about that page and it's very
informative, together with the comment I linked above:
https://github.com/microsoft/vscode/issues/60#issuecomment-161792005
(Not the top comment, the comment linked by the anchor).

One additional note: Code - OSS is also called, unfortunately, "VS
Code" or "vscode". I have avoided such names because they are easily
confused with "Visual Studio Code".

The main point here is that some of the source of Visual Studio Code
is not released.

Code - OSS and editors based on it have become extremely popular.