Re: FSF continuously harms Free Hardware

From: Dennis Payne
Subject: Re: FSF continuously harms Free Hardware
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 20:00:12 -0500

On Sun, 2022-01-30 at 20:20 +0000, Jacob Hrbek wrote:
> So the time for FSF to pitch in is now and FSF's endorsement has a
> major
> impact on free hardware development.

I think we have different opinions on the impact of FSF and the state
of free hardware development. I view the free hardware movement as
still in an early adopter stage. As such promoting it won't accomplish
much because it is not ready for people.

Since FSF has more technically minded members, maybe endorsing free
hardware can help development. But I don't think there is a lot of
evidence for that basis.

--
Dennis Payne
dulsi@identicalsoftware.com