Re: What is going on with releases, mailing lists?

From: Richard Dawe
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:00:48 +0000

Hello.

[Removing CC on autoconf; add CC on libtool.]

Pavel Roskin wrote:
[snip]
> OK, let's try to locate libtool 1.5.  ftp.gnu.org has as a link called
> libtool-1.5.tar.gz.back-RSN.README that says:
>
>  The following files are not available because their authenticity is
>  being confirmed.  We expect to have them uploaded Real Soon Now (RSN).
>
> I hate such messages when they don't have a date.  Will it take hours or
> weeks or years?
[snip]

I don't understand why libtool 1.5 isn't back on ftp.gnu.org. A whole bunch of
people (including me) confirmed what the MD5 sum was for that release. I guess
one of the maintainers needs to do something.

Bye, Rich =]

--
Richard Dawe [ http://www.phekda.freeserve.co.uk/richdawe/ ]

"You can't evaluate a man by logic alone." -- McCoy, "I, Mudd", Star Trek