argv[0] is changed by temporary wrapper script

From: knok
Subject: argv[0] is changed by temporary wrapper script
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 11:10:14 +0900

I'm a user of libtool. I used in a search engine Namazu
<http://www.namazu.org/>.

It has some test suites, and it was fine when I used libtool 1.4.
However, libtool 1.5 causes error in the suites.

The reason is treatment of argv[0] in temporary wrapper script. It was
called like the following in test suites:

echo config > ../src/namazu/.namazurc
../src/namazu keyword

The command "namazu" trys to read a configuration file in a same
directory placed "namazu" command. The directory is gained from
argv[0].

However, the wrapper changes argv[0] by the following line:

      exec $progdir/$program ${1+"$@"}

So I hope to keep argv[0] for the wrapper, but I have no idea about it
with portability (bash has -a option, but it is not portable).

Does anyone have any idea?
--
NOKUBI Takatsugu
E-mail: address@hidden