Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH in wrapper scripts

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH in wrapper scripts
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 05:21:48 +0000 (UTC)

>>> Hello there! We have an autotools-based build system setup with a
>>> custom GCC where we take all build- and run-time dependencies
>>> (except for glibc) from /opt.  [...]
>
> So far the cleanest hack I've found is to patch the generated
> "libtool" script so that the generated test wrappers are correct.
> [...]
>
> Is there a better way to influence the composition of
> LD_LIBRARY_FLAGS?

It might be heretical to mention another program here, but what about
slibtool?

  https://dev.midipix.org/cross/slibtool

Contrary to libtool, which hasn't seen a single new commit since
2½ years and no new release since more than 6 years, slibtool seems to
be actively maintained and/or developed.  It aims to be a drop-in
replacement, so chances are high that your problem has already been
fixed.

    Werner