Re: lt_dlopen an uninstalled library

From: Roumen Petrov
Subject: Re: lt_dlopen an uninstalled library
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 20:35:24 +0200

Hi ilya,

ilya Basin wrote:
Hi List.
I'm making a program with plugins as shared libraries and when I run `make
check` I want my program to load the uninstalled plugins using lt_dlopen().

I expected that passing `-dlopen libname.la` to libtool would force the generation of a wrapper script
setting the proper LD_LIBRARY_PATH (just like regular linking with a shared .la does). However, an ELF binary
is generated and and attempt to call lt_dlopen("libname.la") fails with "File not found".
It only succeeds if the filename contains "./.libs/". What am I doing wrong?

No idea.

Just one note that environment variable is LTDL_LIBRARY_PATH - dynamically load
libtool library.
Path for shared libraries depend from OS.

[SNIP]

Roumen