Re: Passing LD_RUN_PATH through to the linker

From: Kevin R. Bulgrien
Subject: Re: Passing LD_RUN_PATH through to the linker
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2022 07:47:27 -0600 (CST)

> On this platform, ld does not have a switch that acts like -rpath but will
> write DT_RPATH when LD_RUN_PATH is defined in the environment and ld -R
> will cause DT_RUNPATH creation in the linked binary.
>
> Not having stumbled on a way to modify the project in a way that leaves
> DT_RPATH defined and DT_RUNPATH not defined, it would be appreciated to
> have some comment as to whether libtool actually could still cause ld
> to see LD_RUN_PATH so it writes DT_RPATH.

The system comes with libtool 1.4.2, and similarly ancient other autotools,
but newer have been built (to the latest version possible/attempted by me
at this time) and are in use for this project:

  autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.69
  automake (GNU automake) 1.16.5
  libtool (GNU libtool) 2.4.2
  m4 (GNU M4) 1.4.17