libunwind-devel

Re: [libunwind] libunwind 0.93 debian packages

From: Matthieu Delahaye
Subject: Re: [libunwind] libunwind 0.93 debian packages
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 11:09:15 +0100

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 02:37:07PM -0800, David Mosberger wrote:

>   Al> Once Matthieu and I work through some details, we'll try to get
>   Al> these packages (or newer versions) uploaded into the Debian
>   Al> archive itself so that 'apt-get install libunwind' will work.
>
> That would be good, because I discovered that the existing unwinder in
> GCC is hopelessly broken for uses with NPTL and hence GCC will need to
> be built against libunwind.  Modulo some minor bugs (for which I have
> submitted a patch), GCC for ia64 is already setup to build against
> libunwind if it's installed on the host-system.  The only caveat is
> that for NPTL, libunwind-0.94 will be needed (which should be coming
> out any day now).

I figure out there is two ITP now for this library. Al, I'll contact you
directly.

I haven't uploaded it as I'm more or less waiting for a tagged "stable"
version. I mean, I don't want an incomplete package entering into sarge. By
incomplete, I'm thinking about what David has just said about libunwind-0.94

Now, you may not consider this is no a good strategy. If you think so, let
me know.

Matthieu