libunwind-devel

unw_get_proc_name() sporadically returns UNW_EUNSPEC and UNW_ENOINFO err

From: Amir Saman Memaripour
Subject: unw_get_proc_name() sporadically returns UNW_EUNSPEC and UNW_ENOINFO errors
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 21:14:07 -0400

Hello everyone,

I am using libunwind 1.4.0 to collect the stack-trace. It almost always works, but there are cases that I either get unspecified (general) error or no unwind info found when calling unw_get_proc_name. I can walk through the stack-trace in core-dumps (using gdb), and the same binary on the same machine runs without any issues the next time I run the program. Anyone experienced a similar issue and knows how to fix this?

Best regards
Amirsaman Memaripour