libunwind-devel

Slow libunwind performance with my own build

From: Borges, Matt
Subject: Slow libunwind performance with my own build
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 21:44:16 +0000

Hi,

I grabbed the 1.5.0 source and built libunwind myself on a linux SUSE system.  On this linux machine there already exists libunwind in /usr/lib64 but I want to build it myself.  To build I’m running autogen.sh, then configure and finally make.  When I run my test program which gets callstacks once a millisecond, I see that the libunwind I built takes 4 times longer than the one installed on the system.

Is there anything obvious in the above steps that would indicate why there is this huge difference in performance with the version I am building?  For example, do I have to pass any options to autogeh.sh, configure, or make to perform an optimized production build?

Thanks in advance,

Matt