[Lightning] Re: GNU lightning and Mac OS X

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: [Lightning] Re: GNU lightning and Mac OS X
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 13:11:20 +0200

I have also optimized that if the argssize is 4 already, no subl $0x0,%esp instruction is produced.

I hope you can include this one in GNU lightning this time :-)
Almost... only a question: is it possible to merge the prolog/epilog's "subl/addl $12, %esp" with the argssize adjustment? And is it really necessary since I'm pushing 4 values (ebp/ebx/esi/edi)?

It'd be great if you supplied a table with the ESP value before prolog, after prolog, and after jit_prepare (this one for each value of argssize % 4).

Also your patch is still producing a nop with argssize = 8, 12, etc. (the docs say that 6 outgoing parameters are supported at most, but on x86 doubles count as 2!). Finally, please change nextpush to esp_aligned and the C++ comment to C style. (I will do all these things myself if the answer to the above question is negative.

Thanks, and please put up with the review...

Paolo