[Lightning] Re: Stack register control?

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: [Lightning] Re: Stack register control?
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 20:15:11 +0200

We had an experience with both.  The two systems are not really
comparable.  LLVM is *huge*, and much more difficult to get into your
project.  But since it's a generic framework for compilers, you get
lots of advantages -- the most obvious is that you don't need to worry
as much about optimizations.  OTOH, Lightning is a simple native-code
generator, which is much easier to use, but it doesn't do more than
just that.  (BTW, IIRC GCing code was not a problem in LLVM.)

(Since it's off topic, feel free to mail me off list for more
details, if you're interested.)

Not really, feel free to keep this on list.

Paolo