Re: [Lightning] Runtime assembler in C++

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Lightning] Runtime assembler in C++
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 00:06:03 -0700

Pippijn van Steenhoven wrote:
Actually, I was using an older version from CVS. I checked out the git
repository now and many were fixed. I will create new lists later.

Thanks!

    leaf (2);
    int ofs = arg_i ();
    getarg_i (R0, ofs);
    ofs = arg_i ();
    getarg_i (R1, ofs);
    addr_i (RET, R0, R1);
    ret ();

Can this be written as:

    leaf (2);
    getarg_i (R0, arg_i ());
    getarg_i (R1, arg_i ());
    addr_i (RET, R0, R1);
    ret ();

In all cases, or are there cases where this does not work? I am
thinking of the function evaluation with functions returning
immediates.

It might cause double evaluation of macro arguments. If everything's wrapped (as you did) in a C++ class, it's not a problem.

Paolo