Re: [Lightning] Re: Broken jump patching on x86_64

From: Laurent Michel
Subject: Re: [Lightning] Re: Broken jump patching on x86_64
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 16:18:47 -0400

On Jun 11, 2008, at 4:13 PM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

1) How can I _cleanly_ configure for that target ?

Probably, something like

CC="gcc -arch x86_64" ./configure && make
I'll try that. The main issue seemed to be the incorrect symbolic links though (linking to the xxx-32.h rather than xxx-64.h)

Yeah, it depends on how config.guess works
If it is not enough, do something like this

CC="gcc -arch x86_64" ./configure --build=x86_64-apple-darwin`uname -r`

Darwin is a mess in that they use the same triplet for both 32-bit and 64-bit.  It's probably possible to add a AC_CHECK_SIZEOF(long) in configure.ac, and use that to detect whether we're on 32- or 64-bit.

The OS supports both 32 and 64 bit executables. it all dependes on the -arch option passed down to create the universal binary.

Or, install both versions and dispatch based on some #define that the preprocessor defines by default... many possibilities.

That is how I deal with it in my code. I check

defined(__x86_64__)

Paolo

--
  Laurent