Re: [Lightning] Re: Update on testcase [was: sse instructions and gcc wa

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Lightning] Re: Update on testcase [was: sse instructions and gcc warnings]
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 23:26:45 -0400

On 08/10/2010 08:50 PM, Paulo César Pereira de Andrade wrote:
   Hi again,

   Now I think I got a good solution for ld*f/st*d and ld*d/st*f. It
requires implementing jit_extr_f_d and jit_extr_d_f. Doing it implicitly
would be a bad idea IMO as one may actually work only with single
precision floats, and having lightning implicitly upgrading them
would be bad...

   I also changed a bit fp-common.h to define the jit_extr_f_d and
jit_extr_d_f fallback for i386 (using i387) where values are
already double precision.

   Well, I needed some net browsing, but got most of the information
from Wikipedia.

   The good thing was that all bits were already inplace, was only
needing to define the proper macros. Also, note that jit_extr_d_f
requires SSE2 or newer, but jit_extr_f_d is plain SSE.

Thanks, I'll do it for SPARC and PPC too.

   Now the remaining x86_64 problem is sign extending 64 bit values,
(I will try to figure out how to correct it later, should be easier
than the floats solution) so, if #define'ing sign_extend to 0, it
will pass all tests.

It's likely using mov or movz incorrectly instead of movs.

Paolo