Re: [Lightning] Issue to build lightning-2.0 agains armv7hl

From: Paulo César Pereira de Andrade
Subject: Re: [Lightning] Issue to build lightning-2.0 agains armv7hl
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 17:20:46 -0300

2013/8/29 Paulo César Pereira de Andrade
<address@hidden>:
> 2013/8/28 Jochen Schmitt <address@hidden>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have tried to build lightning-2.0 on rawhide anf the upcomming Fedora 20
>> release. Unfortunately, the build failed for the armv7hl architecture which
>> is a new primary architecture beginning with Fedora 20, so I have to put a
>> ExclueArch statement in the SPEC file.

  This patch corrects the problem:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/lightning.git/commit/?id=b8770059dc1872567e76a827d461e45dc67f6462

  The problem was caused by wrong logic when updating the offset of the
first instruction in thumb mode after growing the code buffer, and would
only happen if the new adress was actually lower than the previous one.

  You can use the above patch for the moment. There are already
enough problems corrected after 2.0.0 release to justify a 2.0.1, but
I should wait at least a week in case other issues are found.

Thanks,
Paulo