Re: Move to github / gitlab?

From: Marc Nieper-Wißkirchen
Subject: Re: Move to github / gitlab?
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 12:55:17 +0200

Am Di., 27. Apr. 2021 um 17:56 Uhr schrieb Paul Cercueil <paul@crapouillou.net>:

On github/gitlab, patches don't get lost in a mailbox, the merge
requests panel is here to remind you what has been submitted.

> I would suggest reposting your patches on this mailing list as they
> have apparently got lost in some inbox.

I understand.

A similar issue/task tracking is also possible with Savannah where GNU lightning is hosted.

It would be easiest if Paulo enabled the trackers there (and if they are checked periodically).

I did post them 2-3 times across several months...

I remember your argument register patch.

I could need similar functionality. I currently use the argument registers as fast caller-save registers. A typical sequence in my code is:

getarg %r0, arg
addi %r0, 1
putargr %r0, arg

The corresponding x86_64 machine is something like:

movq %rdi, %rax
addq $1, %rax
movq %rax, %rdi

Obviously, the following equivalent code (not clobbering %rax) would be much shorter:

addq $1, %rdi

So, it would be nice not only to have `arg_register_p' to signal that `arg' is a register argument, but also a function `get_arg_register', which returns the actual jit_gpr_t.
Marc