Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2683 in lilypond: Beamlets with incorrect orie

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2683 in lilypond: Beamlets with incorrect orientation and uneven spacing in beamlet-test.ly
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 01:37:33 +0000

Comment #1 on issue 2683 by address@hidden: Beamlets with incorrect orientation and uneven spacing in beamlet-test.ly

The test beamlet-test.ly changed with the fix to issue 2386, and apparently the change is smaller than the threshold in the regression tester.

The fix to issue 2386 seems to intentionally include tuplets when setting the priority to beam respecting the (time-signature) beat. Maybe we want to include only tuplets divisible by 2 ?

I would have thought, contrary to Colin and Arnold, that the way 2.15.41 and 2.14.2 handle this is correct. If the beam were not forced across the 5-tuplets, these "simply wrong" beamlet directions would be the only possible directions.

If there is doubt about how people will really want them to be printed in real music, I suggest removing the 5-tuplet cases from the test suite.

Attachments:
        A.png  9.2 KB
        a.ly  259 bytes