Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1661 in lilypond: MIDI dynamics take effect on

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1661 in lilypond: MIDI dynamics take effect one note too late
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 05:38:40 +0000

Comment #5 on issue 1661 by address@hidden: MIDI dynamics take effect one note too late

In the problem description I read

The MIDI output from version 2.12 was not completely correct, either (the notes change volume a millisecond after the attack) so I have not marked this as a regression.

and the whole mechanism has been changed to note velocity. In essence, we appear to go from one implementation with a problem to a different implementation with the same problem, only that it is more obvious in its effects.

I also read

The request of comment 1 is not implemented in this patch. Version 2.12 got dynamics essentially correct.

but as far as I can tell grace notes, namely what comment #1 discusses, are not treated better in version 2.12 as any other aspect of grace timing.