Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2707 in lilypond: Patch: Midi volume fixes

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2707 in lilypond: Patch: Midi volume fixes
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 09:44:40 +0000

Comment #14 on issue 2707 by address@hidden: Patch: Midi volume fixes

Ok, what you are saying is that getting correct Midi dynamics for a straightforward little piece like this one is so hard that there is no point in even trying.

I consider it likely that we can agree that this situation is not satisfactory. Since you are (at the very least between the two of us and likely more) more acquainted with the Midi code/mappings and its principles, could you try coming up with a plan for the kind of input/output relation that would be desired in the context of temporary and/or multiple voices?

This will, of course, constitute a separate issue, and I don't think that we currently have one spelling out the requirements to deal with this kind of situation in a manner that will be both convenient and understandable to most users.