Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2366 in lilypond: THANKS needs updating or del

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2366 in lilypond: THANKS needs updating or deleting
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 10:49:13 +0000

Comment #15 on issue 2366 by address@hidden: THANKS needs updating or deleting

I have quite mixed feelings about that one with regard to stable/2.16. Since the choice taken has been to remove THANKS, the scope of distributed files is affected. This is partly the domain of issue 2719, but the most important consideration is that we just have no testing exposure for this kind of change before 2.16.0. I lean towards hand-editing THANKS (with a list for 2.16 derived from git shortlog) for 2.16.0, keeping the file structure of the release branch and its distribution intact, and reserving the merge of this patch for 2.16.1, when exposure of the release of 2.17.0 has made reasonably sure that this causes no unexpected interferences with issue 2719 and at least the unstable release procedure.

Yes, awkward, and certainly to a good degree my fault for not forming and presenting a 2.16 release roadmap with sufficient buffer to have people prepare release-relevant material in a time frame permitting exposure in a few unstable releases prior to deciding to keep them in stable. But then our previous policies were not that much better for predicting the release roadmap.