Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2141 in lilypond: accidental spacing - some ac

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 2141 in lilypond: accidental spacing - some accidentals are too far from each other
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 01:55:36 +0000

Comment #15 on issue 2141 by address@hidden: accidental spacing - some accidentals are too far from each other

Note-heads separated as far as octaves have their accidentals left-aligned, both before and after Mike's patch. The ones that look wrong to Trevor are where the accidentals are different, which is the unusual case, making the octave into some dissonant interval.

I don't know why Janek hasn't pursued the horizon_padding (the kind of padding that prevents interleaving) that I suggested in the code review. For me, it resolves the tight spacing in measures 13 19 43 49 61 67 75 81 85 105 111 134 and 140. It also moves the double-sharp right of the double-flat in measure 27, but I don't think that will trouble anyone.