Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1272 in lilypond: remove old /web/

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1272 in lilypond: remove old /web/
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 10:46:00 +0000

Comment #7 on issue 1272 by address@hidden: remove old /web/

I don't know htaccess, but basically you define rules (probably using regular expressions) that determine what to do when someone tries to access the server. We want to add a rule specific to this scenario: Whenever someone visits any address starting with http://lilypond.org/web/ they get automatically redirected to the new webpage under http://lilypond.org. If you are really inclined, you could try to match old page with new page. For example, http://lilypond.org/web/about/faq is now http://lilypond.org/faq.html. However I don't think we want to even bother with that, so just a general redirect from http://lilypond.org/web/* to the main page at http://lilypond.org would be mush better than displaying the old content.