Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 687 in lilypond: Enhancement: inequal MIDI qua

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 687 in lilypond: Enhancement: inequal MIDI quantization of equal durations (swing, rubato)
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 18:53:54 +0000

Comment #35 on issue 687 by address@hidden: Enhancement: inequal MIDI quantization of equal durations (swing, rubato)

Regarding comment #34:
Please forgive my ranting, but the MIDI subsystem appears to be an opaque mess of multi-layered levels of abstraction with essentially no documentation or useful code comments.

Which makes it easy to recognize as a part of LilyPond. A bit more annoying is that there is no CG entry or sketch or any API function or other internals manual entry.

The midi subsystem might almost be non-existent with regard to the attention it receives in the documentation mechanisms. I am not even sure the documentation system bothers looking at ly/performer-init.ly.

I've not yet taken a look at the code, but I assume it works by scaling durations? So if one has some \time 2/3 {...} code against c8 c8, the swinging would be correctly synchronized with the triplets visually?