Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 712 in lilypond: alignment of multiple \tempo

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 712 in lilypond: alignment of multiple \tempo marks over `church rests'
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 08:42:10 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: -fixed_2_17

Comment #10 on issue 712 by address@hidden: alignment of multiple \tempo marks over `church rests'

Hmm. For me, `beginning of a bar' is not the same as `aligned with the bar line'. Especially the `Vivace' in your image is certainly wrong. Neil's regression test slipped my attention, sorry.

Note that the alignment mentioned in comment #8 isn't optimal either, especially if the rest takes a large horizontal space: For a plain full-measure rest, I consider the position of the first paper column too much to the right. Instead, I would like to position the tempo mark as if there were a time signature.

Below are shown all possible combinations, with and without the paper column setting. Especially ugly is the case where the tempo mark slips under the rehearsal mark

Messy, messy.  I've removed the `fixed' label.

Attachments:
        A.ly  3.4 KB
        A-1.png  33.2 KB
        A-2.png  42.7 KB