Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3134 in lilypond: Patch: Removes the translate

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3134 in lilypond: Patch: Removes the translate_axis call from axis-group-interface outside-staff positioning.
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 10:26:49 +0000

Comment #67 on issue 3134 by address@hidden: Patch: Removes the translate_axis call from axis-group-interface outside-staff positioning.

There's no way that the follow-up work based on this will make it into 2.18, or perhaps even 2.20 or 2.22 for that matter.

Then the best place for it is right after a stable release.

1) a clarification of what grobs go outside the staff via outside-staff-interface.

It would appear that this change could get factored out and provided separately if it was considered important enough for end users. Getting a stable release out at some point of time is important to end users. Balancing conflicting goals might make for some redundant work, yes.

However, had I held myself to the standard of finishing up the project before pushing any of it to master, we wouldn't have the skyline spacing now.

Reality check: the skyline spacing was developed in a separate branch, and it was committed into the staging branch and released as 2.17.1 three days after the release of 2.16.0. So that does not exactly make a strong case for trying to fit this patch into 2.18.