Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3330 in lilypond: bracketify-stencil moves gro

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3330 in lilypond: bracketify-stencil moves grob's refpoint
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 03:25:26 +0000

Comment #30 on issue 3330 by address@hidden: bracketify-stencil moves grob's refpoint

The flat is an example where we would rather have the spacing based on extents.
  \markup\concat{"Clarinet in B" \flat ", then A"}
has in the past put the \flat too close to the B, even to my insensitive eyes. (The first patch for issue 732, present in version 2.16, added space but one the wrong side of the flat, before the comma.)

Many people probably have \hspace#0.2 before the flat in their old markup, but more people probably were simply displeased by the ugly spacing and moved on.

Issue 3266 (invalid, but fixed by this patch anyway) would never have concerned anyone if text spacing used extents.

If the patch goes in with this basic solution of spacing markup based on extents, we have to remember to rewrite the examples in NR A.10.2 for \translate and \translate-scaled so their effects are not hidden by alignment in a markup.