Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3482 in lilypond: inconsistent treatment of ve

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3482 in lilypond: inconsistent treatment of vertical spacing variables
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 06:37:11 +0000

Updates:
        Labels: -Type-Enhancement Type-Other

Comment #1 on issue 3482 by address@hidden: inconsistent treatment of vertical spacing variables

VerticalAxisGroup.staff-staff-spacing is different from all the other spacing variables. This one is a function, whereas all the others are lists :
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/flexible-vertical-spacing-within-systems#Properties-of-the-VerticalAxisGroup-grob>

Maybe we can change the name to something like VerticalAxisGroup.spacing-selector-function

Almost always, instead of VerticalAxisGroup.staff-staff-spacing, we really want to adjust VerticalAxisGroup.default-staff-staff-spacing.

It would help to remove VerticalAxisGroup.staff-staff-spacing from the instructions at <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/flexible-vertical-spacing-within-systems#spacing-of-ungrouped-staves> :

"The following properties affect the spacing of staves inside staff-groups:
StaffGrouper properties:
  staff-staff-spacing
  staffgroup-staff-spacing
"

"The following properties affect the spacing of ungrouped staves:
VerticalAxisGroup properties: