Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3777 in lilypond: Code improvements to satb.ly

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 3777 in lilypond: Code improvements to satb.ly built-in template
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 11:40:19 +0000

Comment #6 on issue 3777 by address@hidden: Code improvements to satb.ly built-in template

OK - it looks like it's dist-check.py that checks for version strings. The relevant lines appear to be:

ly_files  = [f for f in files
                 if re.search (r'\.ly$', f)]

ly_file_str = ' '.join (ly_files)
no_version = popen (r"cd %(dir)s && grep '\\version' -L %(ly_file_str)s" % locals ()).readlines ()

So I think we can conclude that either suggestion would work. I think using a commented version may be better, since it could be uncommented and have convert-ly run on it if necessary?