Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4077 in lilypond: allow ottava bracket to vani

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4077 in lilypond: allow ottava bracket to vanish
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 09:03:15 +0000

Comment #4 on issue 4077 by address@hidden: allow ottava bracket to vanish

I'm not sure if I like bars 5 & 7 of the reg test. A single number seems a little too unspecific to me, doesn't it? It would be more foolproof to have either a minimum bracket after the 8 (and perhaps increase horizontal spacing around the note for the sake of unambiguity) - or keep the "va" if the bracket collapses. Certainly it's intentional that "va" and "ma" aren't superscript? For that would make sense in my eyes and save some more space.
Just my 2cts, Simon