Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4131 in lilypond: Patch: Reimplement forced pa

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4131 in lilypond: Patch: Reimplement forced partcombine decisions via context properties
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 05:43:47 +0000

Comment #11 on issue 4131 by address@hidden: Patch: Reimplement forced partcombine decisions via context properties

The main benefit to forcing the partcombine choices via a context property is that we don't have extra \once commands, that we don't have extra decisionmaking, that we don't have separate "when is a new context started and which context does this apply to" semantics and so on. Now the obvious thing would have been to just read out the state of the context property while iterating. I mean, we could just read it out at Score level, and have the respective commands set it at Score. But as long as we are not iterating both parts in synch, we'll still need to combine the static states rather than the events.

I think.