Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4131 in lilypond: Patch: Reimplement forced pa

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4131 in lilypond: Patch: Reimplement forced partcombine decisions via context properties
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2014 05:26:22 +0000

Comment #15 on issue 4131 by address@hidden: Patch: Reimplement forced partcombine decisions via context properties

\partcombine is weird in that it takes two music expressions and makes voices out of them. We often need to override its decisions, often when only one part is playing,
(https://www.google.com/search?q=partcombineApart+site%3Amutopiaproject.org)
and it is easier to understand if the overrides goes in the part that caused the need for an override.

The current system (image above) has the \partcombine music function listen for the overrides and keep track of a single overriden state. I see now that the patch (image below) does in fact track two states, and does not apply an override in the second part while one is in effect in the first.

If this patch doesn't help anyone, we can just leave things as they are.

\new Staff  \transpose c c' {
  \partcombine
  {\partcombineApart
    e4 e e \partcombineChordsOnce e | e e e e}
  {c4 c \partcombineChords c c      | c c c c } }

\new Staff  \transpose c c' {
  \partcombine
  {\partcombineApart
   e4 e e \once\partcombineChords e | e e e e}
  {c4 c \partcombineChords c c      | c c c c }