[Lilypond-auto] Issue 4215 in lilypond: Web: Google Summer of Code (GSoC

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4215 in lilypond: Web: Google Summer of Code (GSoC) Webpage needs updating/removing/hiding
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 12:13:03 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Documentation

New issue 4215 by address@hidden: Web: Google Summer of Code (GSoC) Webpage needs updating/removing/hiding

On 02/12/14 14:28, Urs Liska wrote:> Hi folks,

I just stumbled over
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2013-12/msg00187.html and
http://lilypond.org/website/gsoc-2012.html

I think my first sentence in the thread starter is even more true today.
I thought we could *hide* that GSoC 2012 page from the website instead
of completely removing it (making it easier to create something new
someday).

Any opinions?
And how would one hide a page instead of deleting it?

In any case, I think we can't leave it online in its current state.

*************

On 02/12/14 15:58, Paul Morris wrote:> Urs Liska wrote
I just stumbled over
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2013-12/msg00187.html and
http://lilypond.org/website/gsoc-2012.html

I still think it would be best to convert it into a generic GSOC page and
start the process of updating it for the next round which will arrive soon
enough.  Having a persistent page on the website about GSOC signals to any
potential future GSOCoders that we're interested (not just for one year but
every summer).

We could ask the mentors listed on that page if they would still be
interested in mentoring for 2015, and/or possibly remove their names and
replace them with "Mentor: to be determined".

Just my $0.02

********************

I still think it would be best to convert it into a generic GSOC page and
start the process of updating it for the next round which will arrive
soon
enough.  Having a persistent page on the website about GSOC signals to
any
potential future GSOCoders that we're interested (not just for one
year but
every summer).

Sound reasonable but is definitely more work than simply hiding or
deleting it.