Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4357 in lilypond: Patch: Redesign listeners us

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4357 in lilypond: Patch: Redesign listeners using templates
Date: Sat, 02 May 2015 14:49:09 +0000

Comment #13 on issue 4357 by address@hidden: Patch: Redesign listeners using templates

Oh great. Yes, like this. But I had + signs before the respective lines in the diffs whereas you have - signs.

Which means that this effect is

a) occuring randomly
b) caused by something committed before this patch.

Unless you have some lines with + before some programming errors as well, this seems to be an issue with something else.

Now the funny thing here is that we have in this series the commit

Move self_scm_ into non-templated Smob_core base class.

Which is harmless enough by itself but makes it feasible to do LilyPond's "smob protection" in a slightly less memory-efficient way that would be quite more runtime-efficient. And would, as a side effect, entail keeping track of undead/unprotected objects without messing with the scm_gc_mark phase (fails in GUILEĀ 2 anyway). And consequently would allow for much better debugging of undead/uncollected material and thus less poking around in the dark.

I'll do another test run of my own and see how this fares with regard to the programming errors.