[Lilypond-auto] Issue 4415 in lilypond: Misaligned fret labels in fret d

From: lilypond
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 4415 in lilypond: Misaligned fret labels in fret diagrams
Date: Sat, 23 May 2015 16:33:31 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Ugly

New issue 4415 by address@hidden: Misaligned fret labels in fret diagrams

Patrick Schmidt reports:
I believe that the default vertical alignment of the fret labels in fret diagrams is currently wrong. The fret labels appear to be placed one fret above the lowest fret they are referring to. Carl asked me to post a bug report, so here it is:

\version "2.19.20"

#(set-global-staff-size 40)
<<
  \chords { d1:7 g1:7 a1:7 d1 g }
  \new FretBoards {
    <d-1 a-3 c'-1 fis'-4 a'-1>1
    <g,-1 d-3 f-1 b-2 d'-1 g'-1>1
    \transpose g a { <g,-1 d-3 f-1 b-2 d'-1 g'-1>1 }
    <d fis a>1
    <g b d'>1
  }

This is what it currently looks like (misaligned-fret-labels.png):

red line: current vertical alignment
green line: correct vertical alignment

(The lowest fret is at the top of the diagram. The first three diagrams should actually have a barre indicator. Carl is already working on a patch. And while we’re at it: the alignment of the fingers in this png also looks fishy to me!)

Here’s another illustration of where the fret labels should be positioned (correct-fret-labels):

Attachments:
        misaligned-fret-labels.png  24.2 KB
        correct-fret-labels.png  15.7 KB