Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1000 in lilypond: communicate with upstream te

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: [Lilypond-auto] Issue 1000 in lilypond: communicate with upstream texi2html project
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 15:22:11 +0000

Comment #21 on issue 1000 by address@hidden: communicate with upstream texi2html project

You know, in the worst case, this could be done by somebody with **no** programming skill at all.

- I am willing to mentor this project.

- Your goal would be to compare the HTML output of
    texi2html5 --options test.html
to our website.  Make a list of things that are different.

- We pick one item, then you write a polite email to the texinfo people asking them to add this as a feature, or how to achieve it with custom hooks. (ideally, you would have some basic programming ability and could make a first attempt at doing this yourself, but we can try skipping this step)

- Once we have an answer (either "yes, great idea! we've added that in texinfo 5.1.4" or "here's how to do it"), we move on to another item.

The most important thing here is to get some momentum. I mean, once we've isolated a specific programming task, we could ask for help from lilypond-devel. For example: "I need a perl function which takes a string like 'Installing on Windows' and returns 'installing-on-windows.html'". Once we've isolated a sub-problem to that extent, it won't be hard to get help with the actual programming.