[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #5077 build fa

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #5077 build fail on GNU Hurd because of PATH_MAX
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 12:48:59 +0000

Thank you for showing your error message.
It looks the same as mine.

I've created a patch for fixing make check error only.
Would you try it?

This patch has worked in Cygwin (non-glibc) environment.
It also might work in Linux (of course glibc) environment.
(Sorry, I've not tried it.)

However, portability that Felix says is not considered.
If this patch works in your environment, I would like to consider a more portable way.

Attachments:

[issues:#5077] build fail on GNU Hurd because of PATH_MAX

Created: Wed Feb 22, 2017 01:06 PM UTC by Federico Bruni
Last Updated: Sun Feb 26, 2017 08:07 PM UTC
Owner: pkx166h
Attachments:

http://codereview.appspot.com/319400043

Report: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/2017-01/msg00023.html

LilyPond failed to build on GNU Hurd because Hurd does not have PATH_MAX.
Fortunately, a workaround is available thanks to the combined effort of
Debian developers Don Armstrong (Debian package maintainer for LilyPond)
and Petter Reinholdtsen (Debian Hurd guru).

Petter expressed his wish to send this patch upstream to be included in
future releases of LilyPond, hence this bug report with the attached patch!
:-)

A little bit of history: