|From:||Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues|
|Subject:||[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Re: #5130 Fix the encoding of the PDF metadata when using guile-2.0|
|Date:||Sat, 06 May 2017 09:40:00 +0000|
sorry for the late reply, I didn't notice your post before. Thanks James pointing me to it.
The plan is to merge all patches about guile-2.x into master (with if-guile2-conditions where needed).
Giving proper credits is an important point for me.
The current one is the (apart from correcting a typo) unchanged patch of yours, so you are the author and ofcourse it is stated in the patch.
You can't see it on Rietveld, because only the commit-message is shown.
I've already put some patches of my own into master, also some where I replace a patch of yours by own ones. For those I took myself as the author. Where I extended a patch of yours you are mentioned in the commit-message.
Is this ok with you?
In general I tackled minor issues first, but those are mostly done now, so you'll see more of your patches on review in the near future.
Many thanks again for your hard work!!
[issues:#5130] Fix the encoding of the PDF metadata when using guile-2.0
Created: Mon May 01, 2017 12:38 PM UTC by Thomas Morley
Last Updated: Sat May 06, 2017 05:38 AM UTC
Owner: Thomas Morley
Fix the encoding of the PDF metadata when using guile-2.0
Postscript files are encoded in Latin1, but PDF metadata has to be
encoded in UTF-16BE.
ly:encode-string-for-pdf takes care of that but it was not working
properly with guile-2.0 because the internal representation of strings
in guile-2.0 has changed and the actual destination encoding has to be
specified explicitly, especially when it's different from the current
Passing the encoded metadata as Latin1 corresponds to pass its raw byte
representation, and this is enough to make things work.
This also gets rid of a misleading warning:
"`scm_take_str' is deprecated. Use scm_take_locale_stringn instead."
This change is compatible with guile-1.8 so the FIXME comment in
lily/pdf-scheme.cc has been removed. A note was added to
scm/framework-ps.scm to suggest a possible implementation in scheme of
ly_encode_for_pdf(), just in case of a possible future cleanup.
Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/
To unsubscribe from further messages, a project admin can change settings at https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/admin/issues/options. Or, if this is a mailing list, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
_______________________________________________ Testlilyissues-auto mailing list address@hidden https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/testlilyissues-auto
|[Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread]|