[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #5371 ChordNam

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues via Testlilyissues-auto
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] #5371 ChordName accidentals don’t scale properly
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2018 10:47:01 -0000

\raise and \lower are documented for raising or lowering "text". I lean towards making them obey font-size, like \translate-scaled does, leaving unscaled shifts the responsibility of \translate proper. That would be one humongous swamp of incompatibility, of course, and we'd likely have to revise quite a bit of stuff. But it does seem to make sense to me. It would, of course, also address this issue.

[issues:#5371] ChordName accidentals don’t scale properly

Created: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:33 AM UTC by Palmer Ralph
Last Updated: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:33 AM UTC
Owner: nobody

Malte Meyn wrote :

The function alteration->text-accidental-markup (l. 33ff. in
scm/chord-name.scm) seems to ignore current font size while raising the
accidental:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.19.82"

\markup \concat { E #(alteration->text-accidental-markup FLAT) }
\markup \concat { E #(alteration->text-accidental-markup SHARP) }

\markup \fontsize #-10 \concat { E #(alteration->text-accidental-markup
FLAT) }
\markup \fontsize #-10 \concat { E #(alteration->text-accidental-markup
SHARP) }

\markup \fontsize #10 \concat { E #(alteration->text-accidental-markup
FLAT) }
\markup \fontsize #10 \concat { E #(alteration->text-accidental-markup
SHARP) }

This leads to ugly ChordNames when font-size is relatively small. I’ve
no idea how to retrieve the current font-size. Maybe this should be a
real markup-command?

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/