[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Ticket 1409 di

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues via Testlilyissues-auto
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Ticket 1409 discussion
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2019 13:23:46 -0000

As a workaround I'm currently using a markup:

% if at end of the line
\once \override Score.RehearsalMark.break-visibility = #end-of-line-visible
    \once \override Score.RehearsalMark.self-alignment-X = #RIGHT
    \mark \markup \small "4x"

I couldn't find any snippet in the LSR.
Perhaps it can be added in the documentation (NR 1.4.1)?

[issues:#1409] Enhancement: printing the repeat count when no alternatives are present

Created: Wed Nov 17, 2010 03:54 AM UTC by Anonymous
Last Updated: Wed Nov 17, 2010 07:59 AM UTC
Owner: nobody

Originally created by: *anonymous

Originally created by: v.villenave

As Trevor pointed out, this feature has been requested several times already.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2010-11/msg00405.html

It would be good to have an optional setting, off by default, which
causes the repeat count in a volta repeat to be printed above the
repeat bar line when no alternatives are present.  For example,

\voltaCountOn
\repeat volta 4 { ... }
% no alternatives follow

would print "x4" above the bar line closing the repeat.

James suggested another way of printing this:
"""
I've never seen it done like that but seem to remember a normal volta bracket on the last measure of the repeated section with '1-4' on it.
"

I've seen both, but the "x4" is indeed commonly used in repetitive music (I remember seeing it in Reich's Vermont Counterpoint original edition).

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/