[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Re: #5217 rand

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues via Testlilyissues-auto
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Re: #5217 random results for the merge-rests-engraver regression test
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2019 19:12:05 -0000

"Jonas Hahnfeld" address@hidden writes:

So the reason is that staff_priority_less compares pointers in the
default case. I'm not entirely sure why those change even without
ASLR, but maybe Guile's garbage collection and / or timing of
allocation play a role?

This is pretty appalling. I see that

has been added in
commit 8eafccec8c45891d8e00366ca2f67f67a9c93cf9
Author: Joe Neeman address@hidden
Date: Sun Jan 21 14:04:13 2007 +0200

Enable one-pass stretching for PianoStaff

and seems of little relation to the commit message. It would likely be
saner to just return false instead of introducing some random order that
serves no point. Of course this will still warrant using a stable sort.

--
David Kastrup

[issues:#5217] random results for the merge-rests-engraver regression test

Created: Fri Oct 20, 2017 07:28 AM UTC by Knut Petersen
Last Updated: Tue Nov 05, 2019 06:20 PM UTC
Owner: Knut Petersen
Attachments:

There is some randomness in the placement of dots. The merge-rests-engraver.ly regtest (git-version557dc7) exposes the problem as the output might be one of the two attached pngs. The probability for both results is identical on my system.

Sent from sourceforge.net because address@hidden is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/