[Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Re: #4943 Manu

From: Auto mailings of changes to Lily Issues via Testlilyissues-auto
Subject: [Lilypond-auto] [LilyIssues-auto] [testlilyissues:issues] Re: #4943 Manual page breaking causing assertion failure
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2020 16:51:52 -0000

So I think the fix was successful in bringing the behavior of Windows systems (and other 32bit x86 systems) close to that we experience with other systems.

That makes debugging such problems while on a different platform and finding fixes for them in future quite more likely.

Now Valentin has given an example that fails on both 32bit and 64bit x86 systems. Fixing that becomes now better in reach, but even though it perfectly fits the headline of this report (though not the committed patch), it's sort of buried in this issue. Maybe it makes sense to move this out into a fresh issue, now more amenable than fixing to previously?

[issues:#4943] Manual page breaking causing assertion failure

Created: Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:51 AM UTC by pkx166h
Last Updated: Thu Feb 06, 2020 04:21 PM UTC
Owner: Thomas Morley
Attachments:

Thomas Morley - 46 minutes ago

Inline assembler fallback for _FPU_SETCW() missing in MINGW libraries

Issue 4943
As Issue 4943 on Windows compilation was triggered by
missing _FPU_SETCW() in the MINGW libraries, an alternate call to
initiate the X87 FPU setup as an inline-assembler command is added
- for MINGW 32 Bit compilation only.

https://codereview.appspot.com/575600043/