Placement of slurs and rests

From: Heikki Johannes Junes
Subject: Placement of slurs and rests
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 13:18:31 +0300 (EET DST)

Seems like automatic placement of slurs and rests work pretty well.
Sometimes it would be nice to manually change the placement a bit...

1. Slurs appear first above the notes (when stems are up), then below.
Q: How can I force slurs to appear occasionally below the notes first?

Example: Tenore-voice of the attachment 'slurs.ly' would look better.

2. Rest appear nicely to their places.
Q: Is it possible to move a rest vertically?

Example: 1/8-rests belongs to the bass-voice in 'slurs.ly'. I would
         like to indicate it by lowering the rests.

      Heikki
--
      Heikki Junes
Addr. Jääkärinkatu 6A a10, FIN-00150 Helsinki