Re: Footnotes

From: David Raleigh Arnold
Subject: Re: Footnotes
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 10:25:42 -0500

Rune Zedeler wrote:

> How about a possibility of adding footnotes to music?
>
> c^#'(footnote "in orig. manus c sharp")
>
> c^#'(columns (dynamic "ff") (footnote (columns "in orig. manus first "
> (dynamic "ff") " at measure 209")))
>
> Adding a footnote at bottom of page together with a small reference in
> the music.
>
> -Rune

Are you sure you wouldn't rather have endnotes?  That's what I usually
see, but YMMV.  I I would guess that it's because getting the page
turned is more important in music than in text.

Information is not knowledge.           Belief is not truth.
Indoctrination is not teaching.   Tradition is not evidence.
         David Raleigh Arnold   address@hidden